Physiatrists (pronounced “fizz EE a trists” or “fizz EYE a trists”) are physicians specializing in non-surgical management and treatment of pain resulting from injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal and neuromuscular systems. The approach to pain management is through a total body approach to address the source of the pain and not the just the symptoms, with the goal being a return to an active, optimal lifestyle.
All of our physicians are board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Also on our staff are highly experienced, certified physician assistants and licensed physical therapists.
We do our utmost to keep patients informed about their progress, and encourage them to not only participate in their treatment program but also ask questions about it, so they can be as proactive in their recovery as possible.
- Electrodiagnostic studies for the evaluation and diagnosis of disorders of the muscles and nerves
- Injections for pain management
- Non-surgical procedures for pain management
- Independent medical evaluations
- Disability determinations
- Determination of conservative vs. surgical treatment plan
Additional information can be found at the following links: